Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hello, yeah, it's been a while

http://youtu.be/bCUyjLiUBYw

I only think of this blog when I go to use the link in a friends blog. The, OH yeah!  I'm off to a tentative start here again. I'm weeks away from my 4 year mark. I know some people celebrate their stroke anniversary. Lots of "glad to be alive" and "it could be worse" kind of mentality. To each his own, but its not me. 

I've had a pretty tough year. I gained weight, about 50 pounds..I know, holy crap! Lots of factors but no excuses. My mom passed away and the whole mess with that along with the emotional mess it brought on, was the jump off point. Chuck broke his leg, Winter, being stuck at home with chuck day after day... and 50 other things on top of it. Then there was the move from Alaska to OR in May. I hope no one else ever experiences the cluster F*&k we did in this move.


The move was to give me greater independence in the Winter. This isn't working out as planned. I sold my little, dependable Jeep when we moved. I had places to go and I knew the routes and took the least busy ways to get somewhere. Here...I have no car. I'm dependent on Chuck or now, Leighann since she's here, for rides. We're on the edge of Portland. It's busy here. It's busier than anywhere I've ever lived. I'm admittedly afraid to drive. I'm afraid I can't divide my attention in enough ways to be safe for other people. The pedestrians and bikes are very prominent here. The car drivers are responsible to watch out, moreso than the others. I'm afraid I'll injure or kill someone. Seems I've traded 6 of one, for a half dozen as far as my independence goes. I'll talk more about options later.

Maybe blogging this will help solidify my thoughts and goals. Hey, it couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment